Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cook Tojo's Goose!

Apologies for the lack of posts here at The Best of World War II. Life has a way of shoving fun things like this to the back of the pile. I've been busy working on a lot of writing projects, including gathering research for my upcoming book on the POW camps in Nebraska during World War II.

So for today, I wanted to showcase a few of the funnier World War II propaganda posters. You have to love how completely entwined the advertising industry was with the war itself.






And, of course, a modern-day pun.


4 comments:

Mary Tod said...

These are great adverts, Melissa. Reminds me that I have a few ads from long ago that seem so unusual for today's world.

Melissa Amateis said...

I always like the smoking ads - the one that promote them for your health. I wonder what ads of ours people 100 years from now will shake their heads over?

Anonymous said...

Great Ads! I've only seen a couple of them floating around Pinterest. I have the "Losing the war?" meme set aside for my Facebook page whenever I decide to have a lazy day!

Tam Francis said...

OMG! I LOVE you ads. I pin a few like that and have turned some into infoads for my site girlinthejitterbugdress.com. I'm not a historian, but I love the era and wrote a sweet fiction book and of course blog, mostly dance stuff, totally different than yours. I love yours. Reading and catching up :)